 Administrative / Terms of Use / 583
Re: Murfle?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:14:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.terms, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

Many parts snipped out, just to shorten things up. You made some great points
and reminded my why I continue to return to Lugnet, and thank you for taking the
time to respond so throughly.

is it the lack of clarity then? potential for abuse? ..?

Yes, totally.  Both of those issues concern me a great deal.

Auctions in the wrong forum??? [...] Off topic stuff???

Appreciation for LUGNET as such, and a
desire to preserve its crafting is ideally what would drive behaviors, rather
than "rules", because rules are made to be broken. Do you know what I mean? Do
you agree?

Yes, I do agree, sadly it's a very difficult line to draw in the sand.  As long
as human nature exists, limits will be push, regardless if there are hard and
set rules or not.  I have never felt the job either you or Todd has is easy, and
I have appreciated every effort made, especially the communication that has been
open to us.  For example here, I am not only please you took the effort to
respond, but I feel that my concerns have been listened to, and for that I am
grateful.

Over use of question marks??????

Ooo! maybe! ;-)  just kidding.

Well I do tend to be a bit too "dramatic at times"... wink.

For the third time, just to say "yeah, I know, not my sandbox",[...]

Please don't be uncomfortable expressing your thoughts here. They are important
and do shape/contribute to what happens. LUGNET's users have brought about its
best features, IMO, via their taking time to provide feedback.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.  I have struggled between biting my tongue,
and wanting to scream... its hard not to be passionate about something that is
important to us, (for many of us, Lugnet is like a second home) but also easy to
forget that we arent doing the work, nor paying the bills to keep this site up
and running.

could we have at least a bit of feedback of what this will mean for Lugnet.

Generally:
Things are actively in transition again....

Excellent news and I totally understanding life getting in the way, happens to
the best of us.

Specifically:
I'll investigate this issue and get back to you. Sorry I don't have better
answers yet.

Understood.

As LUGNET seems to be shifting back to my center stage, this is probably a good
time for me to ask for help. I feel kinda stupid doing so because it's been such
a long time since people offered support, and now many forums have become
silent. This site needs a revival, not mere continuation.

Well Suz, just as I offered in person last year at BF, I am again offering any
support I can offer.  Drop me an email if there is anything I can do.

Thanks,
Janey "Red Brick"