 Administrative / Terms of Use / 546
  Re: Mr. Jeeves

(...) John- Are these "for sale" posts to be forbidden too? Every time someone posts a description of a new LEGO set including its price and specifying the first day of sale and even saying where to buy it? (Hmmm, let's also eliminate those Shop @ (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: Mr. Jeeves

(...) Perhaps a determining factor is who potentially stands to profit from the announcement-- the poster or the reader. (...) The key word is "implication". In this instance, his solicitation was in no uncertain terms-- the very reason for the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: Mr. Jeeves

In lugnet.admin.terms, John Neal wrote: I thought if I included the Marketplace/sale/trade/ newsgroup I covered myself. Perhaps if I tried to tone it down a bit and just mention the model is for sale near the end of the post? I rather not have the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Mr. Jeeves

(...) Not at all. That you crossposted in .B-S-T is irrelevant (though that is THE appropriate place for that particular post). (...) Yeah, and that is what I meant about "clever posters". One can announce an MOC and talk about it and whatnot, and (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: Mr. Jeeves

(...) Perhaps the best way if you want to announce a MOC and that it's for sale, is to announce the MOC in appropriate groups with no mention of the sale, then post a separate thread in .marketplace, referring to the MOC thread (or not, as you deem (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Mr. Jeeves

(...) Good solution. JOHN (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

  Re: Mr. Jeeves

(...) See that would have been better. Point well taken. (...) Though I do admit sitting down to build this model with the purposes of putting it up for sale. Perhaps that was just a little to much with the post. Still I have to try to get the model (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.admin.terms)