 Administrative / Terms of Use / 466
Re: SWM AFOL in Boston seeking SF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.singles, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:33:40 GMT

In lugnet.people.singles, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.people.singles, Todd Lehman wrote:

I never thought I'd be using LUGNET to post a personal.  But heck,
other people seem to be, so why not give it a shot?

Todd,

As much as I wish you luck on your search - can you explain why this does not
belong in off-topic?

I draw your attention to the group charter of off-topic:

"Off-topic (non-LEGO®) discussions" - this is what your post was, non-LEGO®
discussion. And this is what you have specifically given the green-light to
in other posts in these newly created forums - non-LEGO® discussion.

Ahh, but Mark.. you missed the charter of lugnet.people:

"lugnet.people– All about LEGO® people (enthusiasts, fans, maniacs, collectors,
builders, etc.)"

And since Todd is clearly a "LEGO people" - any post about Todd should be
on-topic for any sub-section of .people .

I think the key word in charter of off-topic is "discussions."  If this were to
turn into an active discussion/debate about some aspect of Todd, or Todd's
desire to date someone - then the proper place is in otd or another part of
off-topic.

But more to the point, I find this whole post and the tactic it represents as
being low and unfair.

I mean, would anyone have tried something this meanspirited against Adrian's
birth announcement (http://news.lugnet.com/people/?n=4007)? Hardly.

Does that post mention anything about LEGO? Barely.  But is it of importance to
the online LEGO Community? OF COURSE IT IS!!  Are you gonna now troll against
Adrian and tell him to move it to off-topic?  I really hope not.

-Lenny