 Administrative / Terms of Use / 435
Re: Would I be incorrect?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:22:35 GMT

Kevin Salm wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott W. Runyan writes:
I have some Mega Bloks I wish to get sell off. Could I post it here or stick
to ot-clones?

Reference:  http://news.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=1

Thanks for asking before posting.

At this time, the Charter for market.buy-sell-trade does not allow for non-Lego
items.  However, you can trade all kinds of goods in exchange for Lego.

The group ot-clones has been set up to specifically as the realm of all
discussion about such Non-Lego items.  This is the BEST place for your sale
announcement.

As curator for .market.buy-sell-trade I would suggest this plan to prevent
flaming by other readers of the Lugnet marketplace groups:
First, post your full announcement in ot.clones.
Second, post a short note in b-s-t that indicates you have clones to sell and
provide the URL for your full announcement.  A good idea is to prefix the
subject of this message something like this:
Warning OT:  Clone bricks for sale
If you know how, you can also set followup-to for ot.clones to prevent any
discussion in b-s-t

Hmm, this is one of the things which needs to be clarified. Recent
direction has suggested that all buy/sell/trade/auction traffic occur in
the market groups (and org groups as specifically allowed by charter).

I went looking for discussion on market activity in
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands but I didn't find much. I seem to remember
discussion early in the life of l.o-t.c-b that clone market traffic did
belong in market not in o-t.

I need to make another try at suggesting new market policies, I think
the last try got hung up in Suz's wedding preparations.

Frank