 Administrative / Terms of Use / 361
Re: Wanted of Harry Potter (Clueless!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:06:06 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Frank Filz writes:

Could someone please point out the item in the TOS which prohibits
non-auction buy/sell/trade posts out of non-market groups? As far as I'm
concerned, currently, such posts are allowed. Todd had posted many times
that such is allowed, though discussion started which was going to
change the rules. The rules have not been modified in this direction
(though I do note that Suzanne has posted at least once asking market
posts to be kept out of non-market groups).

PLEASE - lets clarify this. And while we're doing it, lets make sure the
possibility of market posts in loc and org groups is properly addressed
(my guess is that the sentiment would be against market posts in the loc
groups, except what about localized shopping tips? Each organization
should be able to set the policy for it's own group, though I could
understand if auctions were still not allowed).

Frank
who has been calling for this clarification for how long now?

Offhand. . .exactly two years,
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=3212
although with perhaps increasing resolution over time.  And I agree that a
clarification of the TOS[1] would still be a good thing.

TWS Garrison

[1] Personally, I'd prefer a change to ban on all want-to-buy/want-to-sell
posts in theme groups, but I don't run things. . .