 Administrative / Terms of Use / 355
Re: ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:56:40 GMT

Jesse Alan Long wrote:

I have some problems with the rules (and apprently have possibly violated
some rules without my knowledge).

First of all, since you have posting right here in Lugnet, you already
declared that you agreed on this TOS before, and of course you supposed
to read it before accepting. If this is not the case, its certainly your
own problem.

The first problem is, why should we
respect the laws of Massachusetts?  Not every person from Lugnet is from
Massachusetts so we should create a more universal law for Lugnet, since we
not only have people from all fifty states but all over North America and
all over the world?  Does that make sense to you, Todd and Suzanne?

I assume that the owners of this forum, web site, and everything related
to it, Todd and Suzanne namely, are living in Boston/Massachusetts and
they must respect the laws of Massachusetts, and they are responsible
from anything going on in Lugnet (of which they have the OWNERSHIP)
being appropriate from the laws of Massachusetts point of view. I live
in Turkey, but I *can't* do anything which is legal in Turkey but not in
Massachusetts in Lugnet. Being physically inside the borders or using
facilities/services from abroad which are inside the borders are not
quite different things for me.

The second problem (and one I hoped to avoid for the longest and still hope
for to avoid again) is to also bar the use of obscenities from personal
e-mail and other new extensions to e-mail accounts.

Do you think it is wise to control my e-mail to you or your e-mail to me
or our e-mail to some other one? Or do you think it is possible to check
everyone's personal messages for profanity? And what's the purpose of
it? Personal e-mail are what they are called: *PERSONAL*. Rules of
Lugnet is valid inside the Lugnet only, and whether I would give a heck
to them in my personal life or not is completely my choice. What's next?
banning from Lugnet since I used profanity while personally talking to
my friends here in my office?

People say that I have not contributed anything to Lugnet but I have tried,
certainly I have tried, at least with this letter.

Jesse, all I can advice to you is stop posting for a while. And lurk
around for a duration. Learn the ways, be familiar for the people
around. Then come back, (not as a misfit) after all the hassle is quite
forgotten.

Selçuk