 Administrative / Terms of Use / 313
Re: Hey Todd, terms/charter type question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 20:46:23 GMT

On Mon, 14 May 2001 13:54:25 GMT, LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Timm writes:
I have a question for you and I believe that this is more appropriate
than admin.terms but not completely sure about  it.   I've seen in the
past week or so a couple of people posting auction notices in
buy.sell.trade (one mentions ebay in the title, the other has auction
in the title).  I have sent each a short polite email asking if they
could stop posting auction spam in the b.s.t group, is this something
that is desirable from your viewpoint?   Specifically my emailing them
asking that they stop this?

No, as long as you're reasonably polite about it, I don't have any problem
with you emailing people directly and asking if they could stop.  You could
also BCC me on the mail if you like.

I have been polite about it, friendly reminder type of thing, like I
said  I have off two of these recently for b.s.t.  My emailer doesn't
support bcc (as far as I know anyways) so that's kind of hard to do
directly, if you want I can either include you in the email to line or
sent you a separate copy...

If not what exactly IS the recommended course of action from your point
of view?

If that's not something you feel comfortable doing, then feel free to email
me <todd@lugnet.com> and draw it to my attention and I'll take care of it.

I just want the auction spam in .auction not b.s.t so far I have not
had a problem with it, if I see anything really flagrant I'll be sure
to draw your attention to it.

I haven't heard back from either of them at this time, but one of the
email's just got sent  so it may take some time to travel,etc.
If this has been brought up before I don't remember it so it would be
nice to hear something (or have a pointer to earlier
discussion/rulings etc if it has been brought up before).

I don't think I remember this exact thing (emailing people privately) being
brought up before, but I think it's a lot better than starting flamewars in
the groups.

Yes its much better than flamewars, that was kind a my take on the
thing, do we need to have and keep posts about this for posterity.
Besides most people doing this are not going to go through old posts
to find out this type of thing is not really welcome in b.s.t.
Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)