 Administrative / Terms of Use / 239
Re: Linking to LUGNET image files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:52:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Todd Lehman writes:

You might also want to look around on BrickShelf.com if it's an older set --
IIRC, the direct-image-linkage policy there is that, currently, Kevin doesn't
mind if people do it (I think).

That is absolutely correct.  I don't mind direct linking to anything
on the website.  The bandwidth from direct linking is very small
compared with the overall traffic.

Specifically, the scan library is a community resource so
you should feel free to make whatever (legal) use of it you want.  Direct
linking (for auctions, webpages, etc) is *encouraged* for the gallery, since
that helps more content find it's way into the gallery for others to browse.
You're borrowing bandwidth and in exchange I'm borrowing content.

KL