 Administrative / Terms of Use / 21
Re: Can you say *** on Lugnet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:13:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, John J. Ladasky, Jr. writes:
In lugnet.admin.terms, Todd Lehman writes:

It's seeming more and more like it would be a useful feature to be able to
flag an article and have some sort of gentle automated note sent to the
poster
as a conern.  (To avoid followups and debates in the groups, every time
someone
does something mildly questionable.)

That sounds like a good idea.  The only problem that I can see is that some
people might view the automated message as spam (even though it's not).

Well, no, not if it's worded nicely.
Now, if a 'repeated' offender would get the same message over and over again -
now that would be spam. But a 'repeated offender' as such would be needed to
be dealt with differently... Is there a way to keep track of how
much "problematic" posts a person has posted? Perhaps after three (or five, or
two, or any # we deide on) such posts, someone should contact the specific
person personally.

Is anyone reading this besides you and me?  Some more comment would probably
be
helpful here.

Yes, I'm reading it.

-Shiri