 Administrative / Terms of Use / 159
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 00:10:35 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Ran Talbott writes:
Lego says we can't discuss it?

You're still free to discuss it.  But,  if you want to *publish* it
somewhere, you'll have to find a publisher that won't honor Lego's request.

Is that your policy Todd?  Can I talk all of the about the sets that I know
about?  If we find out about leaked information (from some other site for
example), can we talk about that information in other casual conversations
on Lugnet?

That's a question for Brad or LEGO Legal via Brad.  I am not a lawyer, so I
can't give you legal advice on how not to break the law or how to avoid
infringing on the LEGO company's rights.

Actually, it is the key question in a court case ongoing in NYC right now...Is
a link to a site that contains something illegal if a cease and decease order
has been granted?

I am refering to DeCSS, and www.2600.com, it makes for interesting reading.

The policy is:  Don't infringe on anyone's privacy or publicity rights.  It's
up to you to decide how to avoid doing that.

OK, then _why_ are you making decisions (Todd) on what publishing is?  You have
protection (as far as I can tell, again IANAL) because you, and LUGNET are the
ISP, not the person posting the msg.

My advice is:  Err on the safe side.  Use good judgment.  Use common sense.
Ask Brad lots of tough questions.

That is _advice_, and as such is good.
(I'd follow it, I am in some other things which I am more disturbed about,
such as the DeCSS case, I could set up a mirror, but have not, because of job
concerns...I cannot afford to get into a legal pissing match, and I am sure I
am stubborn enough to let it go that far)...but, you removing postings by
someone is far more than advice.

James Powell