 Administrative / Suggestions / 758
Re: Can we get the old font back?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, David Schilling wrote:
For messages posted in "Plain Text" format, the font that used to be used in the
web interface was a nice looking san serif font. Now that FTX has been enabled
as a possibility, all the Plain Text posts are being displayed in an ugly
monospaced font. Can we get our nice font back for Plain Text posts please? I
don't think it is necessary to distinguish FTX and Plain Text posts by the font
they use. Ideally you shouldn't be able to tell the difference unless the FTX
post uses actual formatting codes.

--
  David Schilling

I like plain text in courier (monospaced) because it lets you see ascii art
without distortion. However that need is very rare, and there's such an easy way
(view raw) to achieve it, in the rare cases where it is needed... so I agree
with David, can we have the smaller sans serif font back for plain text?

Maybe some other mechanism to show you that the post is FTX could be used if it
were important? A border? A little image (ala "FTX powered!" or something like
that) in the header somewhere?