 Administrative / Suggestions / 712
    Re: Signature Image Abuse Todd Lehman
   (...) Suggestions on limit values? Standard sig size according to RFC 1855 (URL) 4 lines -- but that's a "rule of thumb" and not something written in stone (I think 'rn' or some other newsreader I used once upon a time enforced it, however). I'm (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Signature Image Abuse —Larry Pieniazek
   In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Todd Lehman wrote: <snip> (...) It's not just a matter of lines, it's a matter of bandwidth consumed. Consider this post: (URL) current "signature" is only 2 or so lines long (depending on how you count) but has a 30K (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)