 Administrative / Suggestions / 654
653  |  655
Subject:
Ease of locating group charters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 03:02:43 GMT

     I've been noticing a problem which applies largely to newbies.
Everyone expects new people to post to each group according to the group
charters...but noone tells them how to find the charters.  No prominent
links to the group charters are to be found anywhere.  I propose that links
to group charters should be made available in places that are easy to find.
My thought is that each branch of the LUGNET tree should have links to its
own charter as well as all sub-groups branching out from itself, or all
groups should have a link back to a page that contains links to every group
charter.  Either way, new users shouldn't have to dig extensively to find
the rules that they are expected to obey the first time they post here.