 Administrative / Suggestions / 639
    Re: A Change —David Laswell
   (...) I certainly did. I can't recall how many people told me what I understood as "you don't have to pay for membership", but the member sign-up page clearly stated that there was a $10 minimum. (...) It sounds like that specific concern is at the (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: A Change Todd Lehman
   (...) Ya, there seems to be a growing misunderstanding of what the word "member" and "membership" means on LUGNET. Back in '97 and '98, very few sites had "members" or "accounts" or even any kind of personal configuration. And a lot of people coming (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: A Change —David Laswell
   (...) Ah, but you have to understand that most forums (and whether you think of LUGNET as a forum or not, most newcomers are introduced to it via the web archive, which reads like a more traditional form) require that you sign up as a member prior (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)