 Administrative / Suggestions / 606
    Re: A Change —Øyvind Steinnes
    "Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message news:HEL3JA.14I0@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) I am a member and still have to verify my post. It is not dificult to do that, so i dont think it is a big problem. But It would be (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

        Re: A Change —Dave Johann
   (...) Such a system is in place. It's commonly referred to as the web interface. (...) Yet another reason to use the web interface. (...) What turned me off from newsreaders was the inability to track threads that cross from one newsgroup to (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

        Re: A Change —Troy Cefaratti
    "Dave Johann" <legomecha@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:HEL9DL.1u1G@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) last (...) And what still turns me off from using the web interface is the inability to track which messages I have read already in a reliable (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

        Re: A Change Todd Lehman
   (...) Troy, I could be wrong but my understanding of the way NNTP authentication & authorization works is that it's session-based rather than message-based or function-based. That is, I think when you require a username and password at login, when (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)