 Administrative / Suggestions / 465
Re: Spotlight via RSS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:53:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Dan Boger writes:
Quoting Frank Buiting <felsir@chello.nl>:
I was wondering if it is possible to create a RSS 0.91 feed for the
spotlight? Even new messages in a newsgroup could be a great feature - I
use
a program to fetch the feed once in a while (once a hour for most feeds
adjustable per feed) this enables me to read the subject and visit sites if
it sounds interesting to me. The "latest discussions in..." as a feed would
be great!

check out the "News ticker" on peeron - not quite RSS, but still useful for
keeping track of posts:

http://peeron.com/newsticker.html

Thanks, it's quite useful, however it still requires a browser. The program
I use has a little popup once every hour with brief information (a bit like
the MSN messenger 'person X signed on' messager).

-Frank