 Administrative / Suggestions / 431
430  |  432
Subject:
Filtered search for finding members
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:33:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Todd, Suzzanne. Well, with 1600 members, it's getting harder and harder
to try to look some one up in the member directory. I'm hoping that this
suggestion will help not only me, but others who are looking up others in
the member directory, as well as you both.

What I'm suggesting is a filtered search engine on the find members page;
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/ . The filtered search would allow you
to find some one specific, rather than get the entire list sorted by the 4
choices now available, or, only display those with a particular first (or
for that matter) last name.  It would include: find a member by; member #,
member name (first or last), specific country (i.e. Germany), or affiliated
organization.

I'm hoping also that others will indeed do a "me too" post to this
suggestion, so that you can see how much others will want this feature. I
know that you all have a lot of other things to do in Lugnet, but I hope
that you have time to consider this, and hopefully implement this suggestion.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2003 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/legoman34.geo/
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****