 Administrative / Suggestions / 362
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 10:25:44 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

To avoid causing too much traffic, can someone set up a poll>
I think that's a really good idea. I'll ask Dan and Todd about coding for it.
Polls are good because lurkers are apt to participate. And with the member
system, it'll be easy to prevent multi-submissions. but of course that means
only members would get a say.

A lot of sites that do polls limit responses to one per IP per day. While
nowhere near perfect, it's probably good enough for this purpose.

ROSCO