 Administrative / Suggestions / 361
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

I think that's a really good idea. I'll ask Dan and Todd about coding for it.

It needs to be quick. My website at Geocities can't do polls. Can someone
else quickly set one up?

Polls are good because lurkers are apt to participate. And with the member
system, it'll be easy to prevent multi-submissions. but of course that means
only members would get a say.

This is not a scientific poll. I had in mind more of a show of support for
LD, LUGNET and the community as a whole.

BTW - I didn't stress enough the point about the community as a whole.
Jake's reasons (which in my view were perfectly understandable) weren't just
down to LUGNET Admin - they were to the community as a whole.

Keep that in mind before continuing to pile onto Suz. Now that I have
figured out how to post, I'll be contributing more actively to LUGNET, and
staying gentle, positive and fun.

Mark