 Administrative / Suggestions / 354
353  |  355
Subject:
new term
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:52:11 GMT

I'd like to propose a new term to the acronym lexicon :: AFOD :: an Adult
Fan of Duplo. People are always speaking of their 'darkages' of their
disinterest in Lego bricks. Personally I never experienced any periods of
inactivity, I was always doing something with the stuff. However there was a
15-20 yr period or so where I thought of Duplo as 'child's toys'. It's
somewhat ironic that AFOL's who make such amazing creations daily with kid's
toys have age appropriate blinders when it comes to Primo and Duplo. After I
got over the stigma of how juvenile this brand was it opened endless
possibilities previously closed. They match in colour and scale to the
regular brick and with some creativity you can make some interesting forms.
I know there isn't a hoard of us out there, some of us still in the closet
but we exist: AFOD'S!!

cheers, Joseph