 Administrative / Suggestions / 1615
Re: PLEASE fix links
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 18:02:23 GMT

This is actually one of the short list of reasons why my Lugnet
frequency has dropped (besides obviously the biggee, time constraints).
  I am getting more and more frustrated with the broken links as more
and more people are using the web interface and posting such links.

A couple years back, it didn't matter much, as people didn't link as
often, or maybe didn't use the web interface as much when doing so.
Now, it's getting harder and harder to follow a thread without having to
edit URLs all over the place.

Don't get me wrong, I won't drop Lugnet completely if it doesn't get
fixed, but it's such an annoyance that I'm not sure why Todd never
noticed it enough in the first place and fixed it from Day One.

Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Thomas Stangl wrote:
It's been broken since Day One of the FTX formatting in posts, and I've
not complained yet, but it's seriously starting to get to me.

After 7 years?!? OK, I put it to the list, but to be honest, this is not the
most important thing I will work off, sorry!

Going against W3 standards isn't the brightest idea, it isolates you.

I'm in favour of standards too, but I wouldn't see it so heavily dramatic ;-)

-Rene

--
Tom Stangl
* http://www.vfaq.com/