 Administrative / Suggestions / 1580
Re: Canadian Members by Province/Territory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:10:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jean-Marc Détraz wrote:
Hi, I am writing from Canada, a huge country located north of the United States
(where Lugnet members are identified by state). Canada is actually MUCH bigger
than the USA, and covers 6 time zones.  We have provinces (and territories) here
instead of states, and only 13 of them (instead of 50 in the USA!).

It would be useful to be able to locate members by province.  Perhaps you could
send an e-mail to all Canadian members asking them to identify their province
(like it is on Bricklink) - or perhaps you already have this information?

Thanks in advance for considering this and thanks for all your hard work!

Jean-Marc Détraz aka legomotive (Lugnet member #98)

Hi Jean-Marc,

I will forward this to Jerry and ask him to have a closer look to the user-DB
structure to see whether it's possible (most likely yes) and how difficult an
implementation would be, especially a subsequent one.

Added to the List of Suggestions

Leg Godt!
René

Hi Rene,

If it is possible for Canada might I also suggest doing it for Australia too. It
has the same geographic spread issues.

Tim