 Administrative / Suggestions / 1422
Re: Crossposting of Statistics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:13:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Dan Boger wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Dan Boger wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Thomas Garrison wrote:
A few posts are automatically made every day to lugnet.admin.statistics.
I think it would make a great deal of sense to crosspost the LUGNET Guide
updates to lugnet.admin.database (currently, the FUT on the updates is set
to .admin.database, but the message is posted only to .admin.statistics).
Similarly, it might be a good idea to crosspost the monthly set rankings
to .admin.database.

I'm not sure if we want to spam everyone who's subscribed to l.a.d with these
every day.  Perhaps create a subgroup of .admin.statistics, so people who want
to see that info could subscribe to that?

Stuff like this:

  http://news.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.statistics:6760

*especially* if it'll post on days where nothing was changed.

Hi Dan,

as I already wrote in email, I'm beginning to discharge all suggestions which
were posted without opposition AND are listed on the Suggestion List with "Open"
status. But it's obvious that things need discussion again before getting
implemented. You've made the suggestion to create a new group, preferably
lugnet.admin.dev where we can discuss changes that are in progress and have a
final "GO!" for all changes which are ready to be implemented.

Anyone with further/better/other ideas regarding this issue? Please write your
comments here or via eMail.

As for the daily Guide statistic: I can switch-off Xposting again with ease.
What do other people think?

Leg Godt!
Rene