 Administrative / Suggestions / 1199
Re: Suggestion: FTX webpage Search and Index
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:52:25 GMT

Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Steve Bliss wrote:
I'm certain this has been mentioned before, because I've mentioned
it.  But I don't see a post where it has been formally suggested.

It is extremely easy for LUGNET members to create beautiful and
useful FTX webpages.  It is almost impossible to find those pages,
because LUGNET provides no search or indexing functions for those
pages.

Please create an FTX-page search option in the Search box that
appears on almost every LUGNET webpage.  A power search that can be
limited by branch, author, etc. would be awesome.

Also, make an index utility.  I know I've created FTX pages that I've
forgotten about -- and now will never be able to track down.  Having
a list of the pages I've created would be super awesome.  A power
search (by author) would be a reasonable replacement for an actual
index function.

Thanks!
Steve

Seconded!

I love FTX, and this would make using it a whole lot easier.

In general, I think this is a good idea, however, it would be nice to be
able to exclude pages from a search (for example, perhaps I want you to come
through a particular page before seeing others, or perhaps I'm linking to a
page externally).

On the other hand, perhaps it's not Lugnet's place to hide stuff like this
(but it would still be nice to at least exclude pages from the search if
they are linked to a searchable page).

Frank