 Administrative / Suggestions / 1198
Re: Suggestion: FTX webpage Search and Index
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:40:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Steve Bliss wrote:
   I’m certain this has been mentioned before, because I’ve mentioned it. But I don’t see a post where it has been formally suggested.

It is extremely easy for LUGNET members to create beautiful and useful FTX webpages. It is almost impossible to find those pages, because LUGNET provides no search or indexing functions for those pages.

Please create an FTX-page search option in the Search box that appears on almost every LUGNET webpage. A power search that can be limited by branch, author, etc. would be awesome.

Also, make an index utility. I know I’ve created FTX pages that I’ve forgotten about -- and now will never be able to track down. Having a list of the pages I’ve created would be super awesome. A power search (by author) would be a reasonable replacement for an actual index function.

Thanks! Steve

Seconded!

I love FTX, and this would make using it a whole lot easier.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations