 Administrative / Suggestions / 1167
Re: Posting setup (was Re: LDraw.org Contributer Agreement Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:02:33 GMT

Rob Hendrix wrote:
"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftware.DOT.com>
wrote in message news:IC4IE7.H1E@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:

Now I'm confused.  How do you post if the email is invalid?
Confirmation email
for every post goes to the email address attached to the (possibly
spam-blocked)
email you list in each post.  If the address isn't valid, you don't
get the
confirmation, so can't reply to, so can't post.  How is it possible
to post
after the address becomes invalid?

Yes, if you are a member and you are signed in, as in that case you
can be configured so that you do not get the confirmation email,
your posts are accepted as is, with the email as configured the last
time you went through
posting setup (which sets a cookie on your machine...)

XFUT  lugnet.admin.general as this has nothing to do with the
contributor agreement.

I wish it was like that for NNTP... :\

I do to. I wish I had the time and inclination to write an NNTP client that
would post via the web (it should be quite feasible). It would of course
have to fill in the Lugnet login form for you to get the cookie (or figure
out how to "borrow" the cookie from your primary browser whatever it is).

Of course that would still only be a solution for members.

FUT: lugnet.admin.suggestions

Frank