 Administrative / Suggestions / 1053
Re: Why these news groups were created
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:13:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.suggestions, John Neal wrote:

   Off-topic content may or may not be appropriate for kids-- the reasons are not germane to this discussion. I think we can safely say that at least 90% of off-topic chatter is complete blather to a kid and uninteresting to them to say the least. What does excite the kids who come to LUGNET, presumably, is LEGO-related material. My suggestion is that, in order to help make LUGNET more interesting to people who come to LUGNET for LEGO-related discussions, and for people who come to LUGNET for ADULT discussions that aren’t LEGO related, Todd should separate the two.

This seems like a good summary of your position on this topic. Do you agree?

Yes.

   If not, is there a better one? Is there anything significant on this proposed change that you feel hasn’t been brought to light yet?

If this is a good summary and there aren’t additional key arguments to muster, can I suggest that we all leave it be for a while? The transition team will no doubt revisit this topic in the fullness of time and reevaluate the decisions taken if it is appropriate to do so.

But for now, I sense that maybe everything that needs saying has already been said. At least I haven’t seen anything new added in the last few posts, although I may have missed something.

Thank you, Lar.

JOHN