 Administrative / Suggestions / 1033
Re: SWM AFOL in Boston seeking SF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.singles, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:08:28 GMT

In lugnet.people.singles, Todd Lehman wrote:

   I never thought I’d be using LUGNET to post a personal. But heck, other people seem to be, so why not give it a shot?

Todd,

As much as I wish you luck on your search - can you explain why this does not belong in off-topic?

I draw your attention to the group charter of off-topic:

“Off-topic (non-LEGO®) discussions” - this is what your post was, non-LEGO® discussion. And this is what you have specifically given the green-light to in other posts in these newly created forums - non-LEGO® discussion.

I am not in any way trying to tell to you drop these groups or tell you they do not belong on Lugnet at all. But what I am requesting from you - with all due respect is to put them where they belong - in off-topic.

Lugnet is many things to many people - but I think we can all agree upon is that this is a great site to gather to talk about Lego first and foremost. I find it sad your mate-hunting post (among others) is scattered in with postings of MOCs such as the ‘big house’, Daniel Jassim’s Explorer, awesome community events such as NWBrickCon 2004 and updates form Lego about the Brick Master club.

If you want to talk about finding your soul mate or others want to talk about how gay marriage was outlawed in some state then please put it where it belongs - and that is not among the Lego posts.

Please Todd, move the location of these forums.

Thank you for your time.

Mark Papenfuss