 Administrative / Suggestions / 1010
    Re: Top stories threshold —Mark Rideout
   (...) I would rather see the spotlight to honor my filter settings personally. Can that be done? -mark (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Top stories threshold —Duane Hess
     (...) I will add my "me too" to this. I would love for the highlights to represent my skip filter settings. -Duane (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Top stories threshold —David Eaton
     (...) I believe in the past, Todd has explained that the spotlight on the *front* page of LUGNET cannot easily reflect someone's personal filter settings, since that page is actually a flat HTML page that gets refreshed every few minutes (saves some (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Top stories threshold —Dan Boger
   (...) AFAIK, the spotlight is calculated once an hour. That saves the server a lot of processing each time someone hits the front page (which is usually a major part of any site's traffic). But since that makes the spotlight "static" content, it (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)