 Administrative / NNTP / 901
Re: Some exciting things are happening!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:44:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, William R. Ward writes:
"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> writes:
We've had some good stuff in the works for LUGNET. Two items are ready to
announce today.. I hope you'll be as excited as I am!

** LEGO Dacta joins LUGNET **
Pitsco - LEGO Dacta will now be participating in discussions here on LUGNET
via their own discussion area:
    http://news.lugnet.com/lego/dacta/

Very cool!  However I'm a bit surprised by the naming choice.  It
suggests to me that it is for general discussion of DACTA rather than
something like the .lego-direct group.  I would expect you would call
it .dacta-direct or .pitsco or something, to distinguish it from the
product.

The new official channel is under a 'lego' heading:
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/dacta/
just as the official channel for LEGO Direct is:
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/

Unofficial discussion of LEGO Dacta products remains located here:
   http://news.lugnet.com/dacta/
in line with things like LEGO Duplo:
   http://news.lugnet.com/duplo/

That's not to say it isn't still a bit confusing, but we went for consistency.

Also, do your rules about employees only posting in their
designated area apply here?

Yes, Pitsco LEGO Dacta's posting privileges are restricted to specific areas
where discussion is about or closely related to their products. This includes,
in addition to their own new area, the official LEGO announce area, the Robolab
group, and a few others.

-Suz