 Administrative / NNTP / 79
78  |  80
Subject:
Why does lugnet force my to re-register periodically?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:07:37 GMT

Periodically (every month or so) Lugnet wants me to re-register and be
re-verified, even though there is a cookie for Lugnet in the cookies.txt file
in my Netscape directory.

The cookie looks like this:

.lugnet.com TRUE / FALSE 2147483602 NEWSGROUPFILTER %2B

Is there something that makes the cookie expire? I have my browser set to
accept only cookies sent back to the server, with no notifications.

Thanks for your help/advice...

Paul Sinasohn
LUGNET #115
bearitone@my-deja.com