 Administrative / NNTP / 779
  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) A followup thought to this - provide a "confirm my posts" link to the web interface when you are logged on. This would allow use of NNTP to post (I much prefer it due to a variety of interface issues, including size of the area to type the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Wouldn't that allow a determined spoofer to wait till it was obvious that someone known to be a member was logged in (say if he saw a flurry of posts from you in .pirate within a few min of each other) and then spoof as you, at least as long (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Wouldn't that allow a determined spoofer to wait till it was obvious that someone known to be a member was logged in (say if he saw a flurry of posts from you in .pirate within a few min of each other) and then spoof as you, at least as long (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) My idea was provide a link to a place where I can more easily confirm a bunch of messages, perhaps on my login screen or something. In any case, you would only be able to get to the pending messages for the user your browser is logged into. (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Hmm, interesting, as I'm typing this response, the compose window is still up but shaded as if it's still trying to post... (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)