 Administrative / NNTP / 724
Re: lugnet.robotics and lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:21:08 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Micah J. Mabelitini writes:
What is the exact protocol of message exchange between these two groups?

SMTP.

More info:

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=4269
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=911
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=2759

Based on the nature of some threads, it seems that lugnet.robotics
receives the messages from lego-robotics, but not vice-versa. This seems
to have, on many occasions, resulted in people on lego-robotics
continuing to hypothesize on the particular answer to a question when
that answer has already been given in the lugnet.robotics-exclusive
portions of the thread. This problem can of course be partially overcome
by directly emailing the lego-robotics subscriber involved, but it does
nothing for the other subscribers. If the communication between
lugnet.robotics and lego-robotics is indeed one-way, is there some way
to remedy this and more effectively homogenize the subscriber base of
the two groups?

Hmm, it's always possible that the link went down on the other side.
Lemme do a quick sanity check on the outgoing subscription list for
lugnet.robotics...  OK, lego-robotics@crynwr.com is still on the list, and
its message count is (at the moment) 14771 -- which is correct and up to
date.

Looking at a couple recent threads, I also see replies from the other list
to messages posted on this side, and vice-versa.  Are you sure that
something is amiss?  (I mean, it's always good to keep an eye one, but I
don't see anything squiffy.)

--Todd

Hmm, I must just be imagining things *shrug*.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/