 Administrative / NNTP / 684
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 04:38:11 GMT

"John Hansen" <JohnBinder@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:

Can you imagine Brad Justus making
official statements from a yahoo.com mail account?

My imagination is apparently bigger than you imagine.  Sure.  To me, • content
is everything.  If the message contains an official statement it is • official
whether it is written on toilet paper or official Lego stationary. • Content
totally trumps conveyance.

Really?

So you put just as much value in an article that is published in the
Ridgemont High Student Newspaper as the New York Times?  The National
Enquirer vs Time magazine?  The Daily Show vs ABC News?

Come on, the conveyance has at least some influence on the reception of the
content.

Mike
-----
Mike Faunce