 Administrative / NNTP / 633
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 00:32:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, John Neal writes:

The beauty of .lego.direct is that it is a place where we *know* TLC (LD) is
listening.  Unfortunately, this NG has become very noisy with so much drivel that
it almost makes it not worth monitoring (from my POV).  And it makes it harder
for LD to monitor as well.  This NG definitely needs shaping up.  I like the idea
of having specific places where I *know* direct communication between AFOLs and
TLC takes place.

Agreed!  I know Todd has requested some input in this regard:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=317
a request which I've yet to have voiced my input on (although
the message has been open on my desktop since it first appeared).

Although TLC is a huge and impersonal corporation, it has a very human face--
LEGO Direct.  I have met these folks and they are good people.  And they really
*do* love the brick and have reached out to AFOLs in a gesture of cooperation and
good will.  Yeah, I know it's not completely altruistic, but it's not "just
business", either.

I was going to reply to this that I don't agree, but I've already
posted my sentiment here:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=632

While it's all "not just business", the parts of it that are can
become pretty harmful to the vision for LUGNET in a very short
period of time.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada