 Administrative / NNTP / 560
Re: Proposal: remove lugnet.dear-lego, or clarify its purpose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 05:16:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, William R. Ward writes:
I know there is a distinction between the dear-lego and lego.direct
groups, but that distinction is a fine one, and it's probably
something that a lot of people are confused by.  The dear-lego group
would have made a lot of sense when TLC wasn't here, but now that we
do have (in theory, at least) the ear of Lego Direct, it is kind of
odd to have an "open letter to Lego" group and a separate one that LD
is expected to use.

I agree.  The landscape has changed since .dear-lego was created.  I
heartily invite you to share your thoughts on this thread which touches
on that very subject:

   http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=261

I seems likely to me that .dear-lego isn't needed anymore as it just creates
confusion.

--Todd