 Administrative / NNTP / 511 (-5)
  New Group Proposal - LUGNET.LEGO.QA

Now we all know about the recent restrictions possed on LEGO employees posting in an official capacity (which I agree with). Now this suggestion does not address all of the issues people against the idea might have but it does IMO address one of the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) It is very difficult indeed for those of us who don't have access to standard NNTP ports through a company firewall. Darn tricky, at that point. I don't know if this applies to the LEGO folks or not, but it's something to consider. James (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) I think it's doing ident lookups... and I think the reason you have to wait 30 secs or so is cause you're dropping the auth packets and not rejecting them... so it's waiting for an answer. if you modified your firewall to reject connections to (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) LOL! And I didn't mention slime or rampant running. :) John Hansen (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:3ab0c9d3.115224...net.com... (...) the (...) Yes, it does. This is a small log from my firewall, (Cisco PIX 515) where you can see that the nntp server needs a TCP connection on port 113 (auth (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact