 Administrative / NNTP / 448
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 06:25:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, William R. Ward writes:
Why allow them to spread marketing-type announcements all over Lugnet?
I don't get it.

Some people posted that they were annoyed that they'd have to read
lugnet.lego.direct in order to find announcements that had previously
been in the train or legoland groups.

Not necessarily.  If someone in the trains group (for example) feels that
something a LEGO employee posted about trains was relevant to a particular
train discussion, don't worry -- you'll still hear about it.  It's also a
lot more genuine buzz when your peers excitedly draw attention to something
outside your newsgroup than if a company puts it right there in your face.

--Todd

I was trying to address those
concerns.