 Administrative / NNTP / 398
  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) hmmm... would that cause the 440 error (new users start here)? I've been getting that with slrn when I tried to post from home... and my !@#$!@ verison dhcp may or may not backwards resolve... Might that be the reason? Dan (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) Hmm, no, the "new users start here" message only happens once the article is received and going through the auth stages. I think your newsreader must be submitting a faulty 'From:' header...I see a line like this (which is missing your name): (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) ah ha! thank you much, slrn will be reconfigured tonight :) but that doesn't explain why I couldn't cancle my own post with netscape, does it? my link posted to .trains, I tried to cancle it, but still got the "new uesrs" message... but I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)