 Administrative / NNTP / 376 (-5)
  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) Which port are you connecting with? The default (119)? What groups are in your subscription list? What software client are you using? Can you email me your IP address and I'll try doing a traceroute. --Todd (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

(...) If it were automatic and silent (i.e., no error message), I worry that people would post and then say, "Hey, where did my post go? It didn't show up! I'll post it again. Hey, where did my post go?" --Todd (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: An Idea for NNTP headers.

(...) Is CLAX86 a newsreader or a protocol extension? (...) What kind of info would you suggest be included? (...) Indeed! --Todd (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) Hmmm...it seems that my initial connect is what is terribly slow, and then another long wait until the first message comes up. I just reconnected to the news server and it seems to take about 3 mins. to connect, then another 3 min. to display (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Thomas Main writes: <snip> (...) Just an update, moving between messsages is a lot faster now...moving between messages in groups is also moving at a decent, although lesser speed. -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact