 Administrative / NNTP / 35
  Re: trying to change my email address

(...) Hello Juergen, When you say "has no effect," what did you expect to happen? That is, what did you do which had no effect but should have? (...) It looks like you're all set -- you just need to get your newsreader to send the following 'From:' (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: trying to change my email address

(...) That was indeed the problem, it is working now. I did't see the From header when I submitted, and had assumed it was generated by lugnet based on some other info(?), while in fact in my .emacs an instance of the old address had survived. Maybe (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)