 Administrative / NNTP / 341 (-5)
  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

(...) In some groups, the amount of traffic can matter more. But after reading how Todd Lehman set up lugnet.lego.direct, it matters less. Consider the lugnet.scala group: it has almost no traffic, but it serves to allow discussion regarding a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Nonononono, nobody would be required to post raving praise to .rave; the rave area would just be safe haven for raving -- a place where you can't (shouldn't) be chastised for saying nice things, or where you can go to always read nice things. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) (I like Paul's) OR havesome/wantsome OR have/want OR outgoing/incoming OR outbox/inbox OR heressome/needsome OR helpyerself/gimme OR gottago/lookinfer :-) -Jon (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I'm not sure it would be a good idea to add either of these groups. On the surface it seems great...but I see a potential let-down. When I read discussions in Lugnet, it seems to me that positive and negative conversations add to the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Hello Todd, hello everybody, (...) Go ahead and do that. In the case of Germany, I have wondered from the very beginning, how we three or so online AFOLs in the Stuttgart area should fill a newsgroup. Traffic in the loc.de newsgroup is currently (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact