 Administrative / NNTP / 331 (-5)
  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Wow. Well thanx for starting this discussion up Todd. It focuses into one thread what a lot of people have been talking about on and off for some time. I've read all the posts that are available and found about 15 that had a point in it that I (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

TWS Garrison wrote in message ... (...) replaced (...) on (...) that (...) deal (...) Town (...) I like the idea of theme-specific market groups, though not to replace the general ones. Cross posting might not be so terrible: if something really is (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Interesting ideas. I look forward to the changes coming to Lugnet. Being serious, I think the Rant newsgroup should be .racers. Or something else that clearly implies the rant and upset-at-Lego sentiments immediately. Just a suggestion that likely (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

There are entirely too many groups now. If you condense the .loc groups there are still too many groups. Condense the top level groups as much as possible (1), eleminate most of the subgroups. Combine some of the theme groups. I appreciate that the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(My newsreader objected to my attempt to reply to Todd's original message, so I'm replying to a followup) (...) Lugnet.lego.{rant,rave,debate} get my vote. That makes it more clear that they are distinct from the non-lego groups. I'm not sure (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact