 Administrative / NNTP / 239
Re: Problems contacting me ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 04:44:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.test, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Also, what is FUT?

FollowUpTo

Hmm, I could put a sort of "what is this?" or "help" link beneath or next to
the Followup-To box on the posting page...might help educate people on what
the heck that funny-named field does, and have it go to /help/news/followup-to
with a description and a tiny bit of NNTP & Usenet history.  Whaddya think?

Ya.

More generally I think the idea of coming up with an icon that you can put
in this place and in others that means to people "click here for help", and
that links to help, is a good one. Needs to be tiny of course as real estate
is tight.