 Administrative / NNTP / 199
Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:50:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:

This is counting the X-Real-Life-Name header

So if someone changed their registration, their count would get broken up?
It's hard to believe there've only been a couple dozen posts from people
like Ed Boxer and Robin Sayce-Jones.

(and ignoring externally-originated articles that don't have
that header)

Would those articles be some kind of system-originated posts (relatively
insignificant for the question at hand), or something more significant like
email-originated postings?

[...]

2749 Shiri Dori
3140 Frank Filz
4389 Steve Bliss
5925 Todd Lehman
6302 Larry Pieniazek

Oh, geez.  I had no idea.  I think I'll shut up now.

BTW, were the counts based on unique messages, or were cross-postings
multi-counted?

Steve