 Administrative / NNTP / 1605
Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:23:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Ronald Vallenduuk wrote:
Somehow, the few times when I came back here I didn't feel I was missing
much.

Gee, thanks.

How is playing with Lego different if you're gay?

Is your question the result of having carefully read all the articles in
that newsgroup and having reflected upon things for a few days, or is it
your first response?  Just curious.  Those who are, do seem to believe
that the experience (at least as it relates to community) is in fact
different for them.  As to the answer of How it is different, you're are
of course welcome to peruse the messages in the group to find answers to
that question.

How can I let my children get on to Lugnet if they run the risk of
reading about LGBT experiences?

You could ask them to please avoid that group if you think that the
messages posted in it will upset them or teach them about something that
you don't want them to know.

A related question:  How do you handle the risk of your reading about and
seeing depictions of sodomy in the Brick Testament when a new chapter is
announced here?

How would you handle it if they got online and did a search for your name
and found your message and asked you what gay is and what WTF stands for?

Lugnet used to be one of the few guaranteed safe sites on the web.

I'm pretty sure that it was never guaranteed safe.

Thanks for your comments.

--Todd