 Administrative / NNTP / 1604
Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:45:16 GMT

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:36:28 GMT, "Todd Lehman"
<todd.lehman@lugnet.com> wrote:

Eight new subgroups of lugnet.people have just been created:  Kids, Teens,
Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, and last but not least LGBT.

I haven't been reading much Lugnet news lately as I spend most of my
online Lego time on lowlug.nl. Somehow, the few times when I came back
here I didn't feel I was missing much.
This people thing really takes the biscuit though. I'm an adult, a
parent, half of a couple.... I'm missing the SITCOM group; Single
Income Two Children Oppressive Mortgage.
And then there's LGBT... WTF??? How is playing with Lego different if
you're gay? How can I let my children get on to Lugnet if they run the
risk of reading about LGBT experiences? Lugnet used to be one of the
few guaranteed safe sites on the web.
Where is this going to end? Are we going to have newsgroups for
students, housewifes blacks? Hey, I'm a biker. I can't talk to fellow
bikers about my other hobby. Can I have a newsgroup too?

Lugnet as a reference is still brilliant, but the newsgroups? Sorry,
can't take this serious anymore....

Oh, before anyone starts: I totally appreciate peoples choices in life
(well, within reason) but I don't think this belongs on Lugnet.

Duq