 Administrative / NNTP / 1600
Re: Why these news groups were created
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:01:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.nntp, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.nntp, John Neal wrote:
   I don’t follow what you mean. The objectionable content would be masked from underage viewing.

Parents won’t always see it that way.

Parents won’t always see anything in any particular way, so I don’t follow your logic here.

Parents could look at it as securing all objectionable content away from their childrens’ eyes, or the could look at it as a website that has content that’s objectionable enough that kids shouldn’t be using it at all.

   Consider how they’d react if LUGNET proudly advertised that it had a gigantic porn library that was accessible by anyone. I don’t understand your point.

Simply applying the words “Adults Only” to any portion of LUGNET is tantamount to claiming pornographic content in many peoples’ eyes.