 Administrative / NNTP / 1530
1529  |  1531
Subject:
False premise in this message needs to be identified as what it is
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:58:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote: SNIP

Some have suggested that certain religious beliefs are being actively ignored, and that allowing the creation of an LGBT group, which openly embraces a lifestyle that is counter to those beliefs, is disrespectful to those beliefs. The fact is that while LUGNET respects all religious beliefs, it is also religion-neutral. Thus, religous beliefs play no role here in determining whether or not the creation of an LGBT group is warranted.

SNIP

As these new groups now exist, I feel no need to continue the debate about them. I do want to point out the fallacy that Todd espouses here about being religious-neutral and religious beliefs having no role in this decision. Taking an active stance that religious beliefs have no part in making LUGNET decisions, is not a neutral stance about how LUGNET feels about those of us with religious beliefs. After all this decision has all the atheists here standing up and applauding (and FYI if you aren’t aware - atheism is a form of religion - the religion of man)...most often found in secular humanist groups.

Maybe you should consider a .people.religious group. Not that anything they would say would influence how things are decided here.