 Administrative / NNTP / 1509
  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Bravo! I think this is a good move. I am not sure who will be posting in each of these, but i appreciate the efforts of the admin to create them. However, I am saddened by the number of people who disagree with this move. While I was (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) I have to say that I have seen some people opposing this move who can be legitimately interpreted as mean-hearted, and yes, that's sad. What I think is equally sad, though [1], is that people can't seem to respect that many want to enjoy their (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) You don't have to listen, Tim. That is the point. Now, I know I read things differently than some. I use the web interface and not NNTP. So, I don't get deluged with information--I have to go get it. I think the only thing here I am actually (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) It's a good thing then, that we have a group of police who carefully watch what's posted where, and correct and admonish as appropriate. Cheers Richie Dulin (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) ...and to mop up any spillages. pete.w (does a skippy-filter hide loc.au?) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)